Information and photos of my mountaineering trips in Scotland,England and Wales:
Including hillwalking,scrambling and easy rock climbing.Also via ferrata, skiing and alpine trips in Europe.

Like this blog!

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Stubai Hornet Ice Axes.

 I had promised myself that I would invest in a pair of new ice axes in the vain hope that I would progress to sligthly more techinical ground and just have the added security that two axes would bring. I do own my trust DMM Cirque, which is a great all rounder, nice and light, and feels to my inexperienced hands "just right!"
However, I had been eyeing up the Stubai Hornet, basically a budget, entry level technical axe which were being sold in pairs for around £130. Several pairs of axes appeard on ebay, and I finally aqquired some for £100. Obvioulsy second hand, but in great condition and with a basic leash too.  Now I just need the right conditions to get out there and use them!   

No comments: