Information and photos of my mountaineering trips in Scotland,England and Wales:
Including hillwalking,scrambling and easy rock climbing.Also via ferrata, skiing and alpine trips in Europe.

Like this blog!

Sunday 22 April 2012

Glentress, Mountain Biking, Sunday 22nd April 2012.


My first proper visit to Glentress today, and I can't believe I've never bothered to come before! The place is excellent. There's showers, a bike wash, shop, cafe and loads of parking. Okay it's a whole three quid, but that's all you need to pay if you forgo the bike wash (£1) and the showers (£1) but it seems daft not to use them. Myself and Ian basically rode the Blue route a couple of times (in fact we may have missed some bits it's that long) but it's just the right level of downhill and technicality for me.   

I have read that some think the new "Peel" cafe is a "monstrosity", although to me it fits well into the surrounds and is a great facility, along with the showers. Prices are what you would expect, and again you don't have to spend a fortune.
 

The place did get busy, but there was always space on the trails and there's a sociable feel to it all.
I can't wait to go back, and of course it's always more fun if there's a crowd of you racing down through the trees!
 

No comments: